EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology) Director – COM/2010/10281 (2010/C 253 A/01)
He/she will be accountable to the EIT Governing Board, and its chair in particular, and report to the Governing Board on an ongoing basis on the development of the EIT activities. The Director is based in Budapest.
The Director will be responsible for the day to day management of the EIT and be its legal representative, including in particular:
– Support the governing board, and the executive committee of the board, in their work and provide the secretariat for their meetings,
– Ensure the overall planning, organisation and management of the activities of the EIT, striving for the simplification of implementing rules and procedures,
– Prepare, every year, for adoption by the Board, a draft rolling triennial work programme, an annual report and an annual budget for submission to the governing board through the executive committee. And prepare every seven years, for adoption by the Board, a draft Strategic Innovation Agenda (SIA),
– Contribute to building-up, consolidating, monitoring and evaluating the first three KICs and administer the selection process for future KICs in a transparent and objective manner, notably taking into account the lessons learned from the first competition,
– Ensure a sound and efficient financial management according to the financial rules of the EIT, including the implementation of the EIT budget,
– Ensure an efficient, motivating, team-orientated staff management,
– Communicate with the relevant stakeholders, including the general public, within and outside the EU, in the areas of EIT activity.
For more information on this vacancy, please click here.
Deadline for applications: 4 October 2010 at 12.00 (Budapest time)